Monday 11 April 2016

Does Natural Deodorants Can Pass the Smell Test

Compared to antiperspirants, natural deodorants are the chemical free alternatives while the aluminium comprising body sprays contain toxic ingredients that may harm the skin. But which product truly works?

From the past many years, I was a woman using a single deodorant. While some of my moody friends used to try out the new scents or brand after each month or whatever is available on sale but I remained stick to the same deodorant.

The antiperspirant which I was using from the last many years helped me in my critical times like in the long distance running and the flight in which the pilot thought that free falling would be a more interesting way of landing.

Image Credit - TheGuardian

Few months ago, I became suspicious when I came to know about the dangers of aluminium so I decided to use the aluminium free deodorant and remain safe than feeling sorry after some time. When I discussed this issue with my friends, to my surprise, most of them skipped it altogether. My friends gave me a list of the deodorants which I tried to check as to which product can pass the smell test. Below, I will mention the deodorants that I used:

Tom’s of Maine

After getting rid of the Pit Paste, I tried Tom’s of Maine roll-on. To be honest, it was disgusting in use since it made me smellier and felt like the skin of the armpits are getting stick together. So I thought that it would be better to use the safer product than these.

Royal & Rogue, Primal Pit Paste

After discarding the antiperspirant, it was the first deodorant that I tried. To an amazing extent, it worked well that I just stopped my search for the others but after seeing the name of anecdotal, I again started my search. In the market, it is available in two forms that are the stick and a tub. Though its smell is considered to be long lasting but I usually reapplied it once in a day.

Detox Deodorant in Lemongrass Sage, Living Clay

My friend told me that the Living Clay Deodorant smells good so I thought that I should give it a try. In the beginning, it seems as if the smell of Lemongrass Sage is overpowering, but later it softens. Its texture melts a little bit when the deodorant is applied onto the body while it gets wet at the edges of the plastic tube. The product works well under tough conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment